Wednesday, October 23, 2013

NBA Podcast: How Good Will the Dallas Mavericks Be in 2013-14?

It figures to be relatively silent in Rangers land for a few weeks with the World Series going on and the winter hot stove still in the preheating stage.

My sports attention is starting to turn to basketball. As a native of Plano, I've been a longtime Dallas Mavericks fan. In 2011, I drove from Lawrence to Dallas the weekend the Mavs won the NBA title. Best weekend road trip ever.

The 2013-14 NBA season is about a week away. So how good will the Mavs be this year? For that answer, I turned to my good friend Sam, who's as well-versed as anyone I know when it comes to Mavs hoops. Check out the podcast below:



Starting 5 figures to be:
1. Jose Calderon (age 32)
2. Monta Ellis (27)
3. Shawn Marion (35)
4. Dirk Nowitzki (35)
5. Samuel Dalembert (32)

Bench:
Vince Carter (36)
Devin Harris (30)
Wayne Ellington (25)
DeJuan Blair (24)
Shane Larkin (21)

The West appears stacked this year, with Oklahoma City, San Antonio, LA Clippers, Memphis, Golden State and Houston all expected to be strong. How do you think the Mavs will fare this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment