Saturday, April 24, 2010

Concert in waiting: HIM and Dommin in Denver

Kansas City, Mo. — I'm getting ready to leave Kansas City for Denver to visit my brother Dave for the next few days.

The best part of the Kansas City airport is the wireless internet that is made available. Always makes it easy to hook up to the Internet and waste some time before the flight.

I'm heavily anticipating seeing HIM in concert on Tuesday, April 27 in Denver. Dave's seen them once before, and I'm really curious to see what they sound like live in concert. There are a few bands I listen to that do a great job of keeping their image in tact throughout the years. Avenged Sevenfold and AFI instantly come to mind. That's kind of what I like about HIM. They are really solid with keeping true to their love metal image.

The song I'm most eagerly anticipating is probably 'Funeral of Hearts' off the Love Metal CD. My favorite HIM album is 'Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights,' but I'm not expecting them to play any song from the album. Certainly wouldn't mind if they did, though.

The new album, 'Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice' is really growing on me. 'Scared to Death' is quickly becoming one of my favorite HIM songs ever. Really hope we get that live.

Dommin, who is set to open for HIM, should be a blast to watch as well. They have a really similar sound to HIM, so it should be a great night of music.

Time to board the flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment