Sunday, August 15, 2010

All-time Avenged Sevenfold songs: Two discs: Still tough decisions made

Avenged Sevenfold's latest CD 'Nightmare' was so good that it makes me think of the band in a historical sense.

My favorite band of all-time? Perhaps.

The best hard rock group since Metallica? Arguably.

If Sevenfold comes out with another album as good as Nightmare, I'd think about them supplanting Metallica as my favorite band ever. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I thought it'd be fun to take my all-time favorite Sevenfold songs over the years and put it on a CD.

Tough decisions.

As I was putting the disc together, it became evident that I wasn't going to be able to fit everything on one CD. Their songs are too long! With that in mind, I made two CD's. Here's what I came up with.

All-time Avenged Sevenfold: Disc One
1. Critical Acclaim (Avenged Sevenfold)
2. Nightmare (Nightmare)
3. Second Heartbeat (Waking the Fallen)
4. Danger Line (Nightmare)
5. Buried Alive (Nightmare)
6. Remenissions (Waking the Fallen)
7. Gunslinger (Avenged Sevenfold)
8. Victim (Nightmare)
9. Sidewinder (City of Evil)
10. Eternal Rest (Waking the Fallen)
11. God Hates Us (Nightmare)
12. Unholy Confessions (Waking the Fallen)

All-time Avenged Sevenfold: Disc Two
1. Chapter Four (Waking the Fallen)
2. Burn it Down (City of Evil)
3. Tension (Live in the LBC/Diamonds in the Rough)
4. Warmness on the Soul (Sounding the Seventh Trumpet)
5. Afterlife (Avenged Sevenfold)
6. Brompton Cocktail (Avenged Sevenfold)
7. The Wicked End (City of Evil)
8. So Far Away (Nightmare)
9. I Won't See You Tonight, Part 1 (Waking the Fallen)
10. M.I.A. (City of Evil)
11. Dear God (Avenged Sevenfold)
12. Save Me (Nightmare)

No comments:

Post a Comment