Friday, October 15, 2010

Few hours before ALCS: Time for preparation

In about three hours, left-hander C.J. Wilson will take the hill for the Rangers in Game 1 of the American League Championship series against the Yankees in Arlington, Texas.

Let's get this thing going.

I feel good. A little nervous, but not nearly as nervous as Game 5 of the AL Divisional Series at Tampa Bay. Got a little exercise in earlier with some pick-up basketball. Played decently. Even had the game-winning three-pointer in the final game, wearing my Rangers shirt.

I'm not much into karma, but maybe that meant a little something. What can I say: Baseball's the most superstitious sport out there.

After two off days, I'm ready. I've read a bunch of stories from several media outlets. I've also read the stories and the Facebook updates that still mock the Rangers for lacking the history of the Yankees. I'm over it.

Fact of the matter is we've earned our respect by now. Who cares what other fans think at this point? This is the ALCS. The two best teams in the American League. The Rangers will absolutely not be nervous about the 27 championships or the 40 pennants the Yankees have won. Elvis Andrus wasn't alive for the majority of them. Who cares?

Look, I respect the Yankees and their history. I have a lot of friends and family members who are Yankees fans. I tip my cap to them before the game and wish them good luck. Being raised in Texas, it's the only way I know.

May the best team win. Hopefully, the magical season continues.

It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment