Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's (literally) time: Time to go to the World Series

Kansas City, Mo. — Just about 30 minutes until I board my flight at Kansas City International Airport and travel to Dallas for one of the most exciting trips I can remember taking.

At 7:20 tonight in Arlington, Texas, I'll be at Rangers Ballpark with my brother Dave to witness Game 4 of the World Series.

Series status: Giants 2, Rangers 1.

Hoping to bring the home team some added luck tonight.

Should be an interesting pitching matchup between young starters. Tommy Hunter, age 24, will oppose southpaw Madison Bumgarner, 21, on the hill. Hunter hasn't lasted more than four innings in a game this postseason. If he could go six tonight, I like our chances of tying up the series.

More than anything, I can't wait to take in the atmosphere of the ballpark tonight. I've been to 20-30 games in Arlington, and I feel like I could navigate the stadium like it's my second home. I've never seen a postseason game there, though.

From what I've seen on TV, the postseason atmosphere looks electric. The crowd stands quite a bit on second strike, two-out situations, even in the early innings. The decibel level appears unlike anything I've heard there before.

Dave wrote on my facebook wall at about 5 a.m. and said, "Can't sleep!! Too excited!!! See you in a few hours!!!" Indeed, this should be a memorable night, win or lose.

Timing the gameday traffic will be vital. The Cowboys play next door at noon. Hopefully, it doesn't go to overtime and football cars clear by 4-4:30 p.m. I'm thinking we'll want to leave by 4:30 p.m. to time it accordingly.

Usually, it takes 30 minutes from my parents' house in Plano. Since it's Sunday, we shouldn't hit any traffic until we get to the ballpark. Parking could get interesting, but if we leave at 4:30, I won't be concerned. Should leave us roughly two hours until the first pitch by the time we arrive.

I'll have a slew of updates on the blog tonight and tomorrow. Pictures will be taken en masse. A World Series program will be purchased. Tickets will be kept.

Dave and I will be sitting in the Grandstand Reserved section 343. Way up there, no doubt. But we have seats.

Can't wait to get there and watch the team I've been following for so long take part in the World Series.

Let's tie this thing up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment